Tuesday, November 9, 2010










1.        Child Thoughts 2009. Paper, glue, assorted objects and food. I am very interested in performance art but a fan of doing them myself.  I thought i would give it a try with "Child Thought", a look back at my youth. Its one of the most loaded and popular ideas to explore but hard to make it very personal. To keep at as true to my past as possible, I ventured home to investigate what i was like as a child. I looked at old family albums, videos and questioned my family. When I was satisfied in my research i compiled items that represented my child activities. I did not use the real items I had as a child because this piece was a fake look back. What I mean is, I would find items in these egg shaped balls and remember what I use to do with them at the age of 7 or younger. I began to feel like a child and was over joyed with my fun until I became aware of the falseness of my playtime. Then it was clear that those days were over and I would only move forward in my life. It was a sad moment in the performance when i opened the empty egg and nothing was in it, that was what symbolized the end of my childhood.

No comments:

Post a Comment